Captivating Britania Islands

An awesome view of the jetty and the islets of Britania in the back ground

After my short but fruitful tour of Cantilan, I moved to my next destination, Britania Islands in San Agustin, Surigao del Sur. Britania is a group of islands famed for its white sands, sand bar, and island hopping activities.

I reached Britania at around 12 PM. My contact person picked me up and brought me to the house where I would stay for the night. My guide, Romnick, is a highly recommended boatman, habal-habal driver and  tour guide who was easy to deal with. He recommended the place where I would be staying and it turned out to be just the perfect place. We left my stuff at the hostel and went to O's Landing Beach Resort where I had my lunch. 

Our first stop is Boslon Island. There were already picknickers numbering by the hundreds when we arrived. A lot of them were enjoying the some water sports activities. Still others contented themselves with just dipping into the cool waters of Britania.

Boslon Island
We didn't linger much longer and moved to our next destinations.  Britania is such an awesome place that it came to a point when all I really wanted to do was absorb and mind-meld with my surroundings. Words prove insufficient as to give justice to the place itself. 

I call them the four sisters

Hagonoy Island, facing the Pacific Ocean. One can't help but just get soaked in this whole experience.

Hagonoy Island from a distance

Naked Island so named due to the absence of vegetation


Naked Island from afar

A view of Hagonoy Island from Naked Island

This is the boat of which I am the lone passenger

The Jetty


Please refer to the table below for the costs and contact person. Total cost is Php 2200.00. You can coordinate with Romnick for a reliable and safe tour of the islands. 


Britania is accessible through a number of entry points. There are regular buses plying the Butuan-Davao, Surigao-Davao, and Tandag-Davao routes that pass through Britania, San Agustin. Just tell the conductor to drop you off at the Britania. 

For more information, feel free to leave a comment and I would be more than happy to address provide in-depth information that may not have been addressed by this post. 

Comments

Popular Posts

A Slice of Cantilan: Libtong, Rock Gem and Ayoke

Sagada

BenCab Museum