Let's Talk Wellness

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Finding the right parallelism to the said adage is never to far-fetched. No less than the writer himself could attest to its veracity. 

At dawn today, 21st of February 2012, I embarked on a new kind of journey--a journey to wellness. After so much procrastination on my part, I finally started  a new routine that is to jog, or shall we say, walk uninterrupted for as many hours as I can. I did just that. I call it my journey to wellness as everyone doing said exercise has been reaping so much benefits out of this healthy endeavor. Needless to say, its contributions to a sound mind and body have been talked about by many health experts the world over. 

Running, jogging, walking or a combination of these provide excellent cardio-vascular workouts that strengthen our hearts. These would give us a fighting chance against the deadliest of heart diseases. Moreover, cardio-vascular exercises also have some mental health benefits such as improving relaxation and reduction of anxiety. 

So what triggers this sudden resolve? I have always been thinking of including jogging or just walking as part of my daily routine. But, I was too lazy to even attempt. Nothing ever got me started until I felt myself too heavy, though not in an obese kind of way. I just realized that I no more have the same swiftness that I had before. 

So I decided to take the necessary steps. These are really the small baby steps aimed at getting use to the routine. As they say, great things start from small beginnings. 

“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Proverb

Comments

Popular Posts

A Slice of Cantilan: Libtong, Rock Gem and Ayoke

Sagada

BenCab Museum