Twin Lakes Rendezvous

Breathtaking! That's all I could say when I first laid my eyes into Lake Balinsasayaw. My 4-day vacation last August afforded me the opportunity to visit this now-famous lake in the town of Sibulan, Negros Oriental. It's a shame that people from other provinces were ahead of me in discovering this natural wonder in my home province. 

The serene beauty of the lake and the surrounding environs were a welcome retreat after a long and arduous motorcycle ride from main highway. The lake is one of the lakes, the other one being Lake Danao, nestled in mountains of Sibulan. The surrounding forest serves as home to several bird species. Among other things, bird watching, boating, kayaking are the major activities for visitors. 

Reaching the lake was a lot easier than I expected. From, the province's capital, one has to take a 20-minute bus ride going north and stop at KM 12.40. A 45-minute habal-habal ride, traversing a combination of gravel and asphalt road would take you to the lake itself. 

Expenses: 
P20.00 bus fare from Dumaguete to Km 12.40 
P300.00 per pax habal-habal (vice-versa) 
P10.00 entrance fee 

Comments

Popular Posts

A Slice of Cantilan: Libtong, Rock Gem and Ayoke

Sagada

BenCab Museum