The Road Less Taken

Choosing the road less travelled has made all the difference, Robert Frost once said. The phrase still brings such a profound meaning to people of integrity anywhere in the world. 

We are now in the time when it is not uncommon for us to see evils and rotten ideals. There seems to be a tragic erosion of honesty and integrity everywhere. At most times, integrity and honesty are the basic foundations with which most organizations are build upon.
I could not imagine what would become of an organization is made up of cheats and crooks. More likely, that organization would eventually disintegrate. 
It is the duty of every member to safeguard himself against all forms of corrupting influences. As a member of a corporate organization, I have been exposed to some of these corrupting influences everyday of my life. Corruption, by the way comes in many different forms, most common of which is corruption of time. At work, sometimes, people are getting paid for work-time that are not rendered. Malingering is a very common phenomenon that it gets overlooked every time. 

My compulsion to write on this subject stemmed from my very own experience today. Today, my sensibility was totally assaulted, when I was asked by a colleague to change her schedule to coincide to her coming to work. She was already late. Thankfully enough, I was able to point out my objection without offending her. This is just one of the many hundreds of other circumstances where someone’s integrity is tested, in the workplace and everywhere else. I think it better to be careful when it comes to these kinds of situations than be sorry in the future. 

Being a steadfast defender for integrity and honesty does not only save us from future troubles but ensures that strong cornerstones for nation building are in place. 



All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2011 by Leonel Agir

Comments

Popular Posts

A Slice of Cantilan: Libtong, Rock Gem and Ayoke

Sagada

BenCab Museum